Do I Really Need a Privacy Statement on my Weebly Website?
In many countries, websites are required by law to disclose the information they collect about their visitors, if any, and how this information is used.
Here are some of the ways in which a typical Weebly website collects user information.
- Name and email address in comment forms
- Comment form cookie which remembers a user’s name or email address.
- Name and email addresses submitted using a Weebly contact form
- Name and email address submitted to sign up for email list
- Information collected when users register on a website.
- Google Analytics tracking
- Advertising programs like Google Adsense which track users
It’s really simple. You basically need to list all the ways you collect user information on your website.
To do that, you just need to click on the footer area from your Weebly Site Editor and you’ll be able to enter the link to your newly added page.
If you liked this post, then you may consider subscribing to our
WeeblyTutorials YouTube Channel for Weebly video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
So essence, I would have to upgrade so they will remove their footer? Its what I thought.