As you ay know it already, Weebly is a popular drag-and-drop website builder. By default, Weebly websites are accessible via a subdomain under weebly.com, however, it is also possible to use a top-level domain name with Weebly. In this article, you will find out how to point any domain name to Weebly.
Before we dig more into details in this guide you’ll need the following:
- Access to your hosting control panel
- Access to Weebly account
Step 1 — Pointing Domain Name to Weebly
- In your hosting control panel locate and access Zone Editor section.
2. Select the appropriate domain name from the drop-down list. You can skip this step if you have only one domain name.
3. Locate your domain’s A record: Click Manage then Edit
4. Replace the current value in Record text field with
22.214.171.124 (it’s one of Weebly’s IP Addresses) and hit Save Record button.
The hard part is over! You just pointed your domain name to Weebly. However, note that it can take up to 48 hours for DNS changes to fully propagate across the globe.
Step 2 — Changing Domain Name on Weebly
Once you have pointed the domain name to Weebly IP address, you’ll need to assign the domain to your site on Weebly site editor:
1. Access Weebly editor and press “Settings” tab.
2. Site Address section press Change button.
3. A new pop-up window will appear. Select Use a Domain You Already Own option, enter your domain name in the field and press Continue button.
4. Congratulations! Your domain name is now connected to Weebly. If you experienced any issues following this tutorial, contact your hosting support staff and they will gladly help you to point your domain name to Weebly.
We hope this article helped you learn how to point your domain name to Weebly. You may also want to see our guide on how to choose your best domain name.